Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Job Hunt...

Looking for a job has been a very different experience in NYC but I finally found one. After going on 8-10 "open calls", a couple interviews and second interviews I got a job at.......



While I'm a little hesitant to work in a corporate restaurant (all the restaurants I've worked at have been privately owned, famliy restaurants) I think there are a few positives to consider. One, I should make pretty good money thanks to the millions of tourists trolling around midtown every year. Two, the staff will be large which will give me a great opportunity to meet a lot of different people. And three, I think it will give me the motivation I need to look for a full time job ASAP!! ;)

I start orientation this Monday, October 25th and I'm more than ready to get back to work after being unemployed for a month. While I've been enjoying my time and the city with so much free time my bank account has felt it and it's time to get going! I'm sure I will have an update soon and how corporate life is treating me...

No comments:

Post a Comment