Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blessed

So today was supposed to be a bum day and I ended up being way more productive than I intended. After getting my life on track for the day and feeling good about what I'd accomplished I got to thinking and I realized something kind of amazing. For the first time in a really long time I finally feel like I'm living my life and not just preparing for it. For as long as I can remember, my life has been all about getting ready for the next step. I guess I feel that way especially because it was such a long process to move to New York that everything just seemed to be on hold until I got here. I've always kind of had that live in the moment, this is your life so enjoy it kind of mindset but I really didn't understand how the move was affecting me until I stopped today and it just hit me. I instantly had a smile on my face and felt so blessed to know that this is my life and all I have to do is live it and enjoy the gift. I also want to thank my family and friends for making my life what it is...pretty amazing.

"For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin-real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is a journey, not a destination." --Souza

No comments:

Post a Comment